I think the problem here is that CXF allows to run in very many environments. For users this is very nice but it creates a lot of complexity in CXF. Of course annotation processing is just a few lines of code for each case. The problem is though that this code is scattered throughout the whole cxf code.

This is of course only my personal opinion. We currently already support a lot of annotations. So adding the ones you planned to add does not really make things worse. I just think we should perhaps discuss to aproach this differently for cxf 3 or cxf 4.

In any case I think it is better to define our own annotations if we plan to parse them ourselfves.

Christian