I think I could probably live with no rollbacks at all even inside a
transaction. That is certainly more consistent than cxf 2.x.  Maybe we
don't even need to change anything in cxf 3.

Perhaps we can change cxf 2.x so it behaves same way. At least make it a
config option.

I could live with that as I agree with you the requestor can resend if
needed and its cleaner than the dead letter queue.

I might take another stab at disabling all exception propagation in JMS
Destination. I can then ignore the session matching issue and move on with
my life :-)

Be interested to get some background from Dan on why its there though...