Sure, I just don't understand what is the difference between a JAX-RS feature and CXF feature, as far as the CXF CDI code is concerned. If it can load the JAX-RS features which have not been written with CDI in mind, why can't it load CXF features without some extra work going into these features...

Thanks, Sergey
On 22/12/17 14:50, John D. Ament wrote:
That's not really the issue though.  The extension will only receive CDI
managed beans.  Take a look at my pull to see what I had to do to get it to
register automatically.  If nothing else, this is an argument for moving
JAXRSServer Customization into core and using service loader :-)  Perhaps after
the new year.

On 2017-12-22 09:23, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was not referring the OpenTracing module offering a CDI extension, but
to the work Andriy did in the CXF CDI integration where the providers
and feature are picked up. Thought, when we were discussing the SSE
feature I thought Andriy said it was looking at the CXF @Provider as
well, may be I misunderstood.
Updating the CDI code to check CXF @Provider, if it is not already
checked, makes sense IMHO