+1

I would suggest to deal with this in documentation, restricting runtime jdk
support to JDK17+ is actually going to create problems to some integration
(Spring is effectively optional already), while not really giving us much
(if you know you use Spring, just use JDK17, no need for it to be
mandatory). Btw, I believe JakartaEE 9.1 was meant to be used with JDK 8 or
11; support for JDK 17 is something coming with JakartaEE 10 afair.

Thanks

--

Alessio Soldano

Manager, Software Engineering