On 2023/06/23 12:03:31 Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> Hi there,
> I see that the current main branch is set for version 4.0.3-SNAPSHOT and
> Jakarta XML Web Services / Bind API 3.0
>
> Do we already have plans for CXF 4.1 supporting Jakarta XML Web Services /
> Bind API 4.0 and related?
>
> I was noticing this because some SOAP services based on CXF 4.0.2 / Spring
> Boot 3.1.0 are not working any more after yesterday release of Spring Boot
> 3.1.1: I did solve for my own services, but I thought it was better to ask
> for future plans.

Hi Francesco,

Most likely I stumbled upon the very same issue and analyzed it’s root cause to
a change in glassfish jaxb-ri.

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jaxb-ri/issues/1715

In my opinion it’s not primarily because CXF is missing comprehensive Jakarta
EE 10 / JAXB 4.0  support. Instead Glassfish-Ri introduced a breaking change in
a patch release between versions 4.0.2 and 4.0.3.

I filed a GitHub issue

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jaxb-ri/issues/1724

And a heads up in CXF Jira

The 4.0.3 release has been picked up by spring-boot 3.0.8 and 3.1.1, so
basically all projects using spring-boot and apache-cxf 4.0.x based jax-ws
client / server are affected.

I mitigated the issue by overriding the spring-boot managed dependency for
glassfish-jaxb
<glassfish-jaxb.version>4.0.2</glassfish-jaxb.version>
I hope to get some attention to this topic before it becomes a major
compatibility issue.
thx and regards,
Lars