rcX suffixes are intentionally left out of build artifacts. This way once a rc passes a vote the release process is just a rename of the build artifact to remove the -rcX from the filename. If -rcX was actually inside a build artifact then it requires a source change and a rebuild to remove it, which means what people voted on and tested isn't exactly the same as what is actually released.

I agree commit hashes are useful information, but makes build reproducibility more difficult. We originally had them in Daffodil and removed them for the this reason and it hasn't been an issue, just takes a little more care to know what you're using.