I'm curious if a non-source-generated solution would work, specifically
Scala Native and Graal? That is, there are non-JVM targets that can be
built from the Scala source, and they can be extremely performant. The
current hotness is the "billion row challenge" (
https://github.com/gunnarmorling/1brc) where Graal-based solutions are
hands-down the winners.