Hi Scott,

> [postgresql driver]
> What would be needed to get this into the Build Environment?  I may have
> some time to get this in.

Would be great!

- create a project holding the needed PostgreSQL headers/libs/whatever,
  or place them in the external project. Not sure what's the better
  solution nowadays, we have both approches in different places.
- automatically enable building the driver (which is already checked in
  in connectivity/source/drivers/postgresql, on a branch) when the
  pre-requisites are present, or introduce a configure-switch for it.
  Both would happen in module config_office.
- probably adding a configuration entry which registers the driver as
  "User defined driver". I'm not sure how to best do this nowadays, but
  we can find out once the build is running :)
  On the medium term, I'd like to add explicit support for this driver
  to the UI code, as it's done for other drivers as well. However, I'd
  probably also like to refactor this UI code a little bit, currently,
  adding a new driver/type there is quite laborious.
  So for the moment, we could live with registering the driver via
  configuration as "generic driver", which is not as powerfull as
  explicit support, but sufficient, me thinks.

Joerg, did I miss anything?

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- Sun Microsystems, Inc.                http://www.sun.com/staroffice -
- OpenOffice.org Database Access            http://dba.openoffice.org -