Hi Axel,

Axel Hörnke wrote:
Sophie Gautier schrieb:

Hi all,

Could you tell me if there is/will be a way to convert or import Access tables to OOoBase tables (through HSQLDB) ? Or is it this "very very nice to have feature" : Ability to convert a database from a different engine into the HSQLDB format and seamlessly import into OOo ?
This, of course to work in an Access replacement way by OOoBase.
TIA
Kind regards
Sophie

Hi Sophie, hi all,

I tried to displace the tables from the opened Access-Window to the opened OOo-Base-Window per drag&drop. When you let fall down the table in the OOo-Window an assistant starts to make the import more comfortable. But be careful, this will not take the primary key, special data-types and other things to your OOo-Base-table! But it could be a way to import your data.

I tested this with OOo 1.9.65 (I think so) and MS Access 2000.

Thanks for your feedback. In fact, this way is not the best when you have a lot of databases and tables, but it's good to know that it quite works :) We (FR members) are on the way to begin the tests on the one Frank pointed me in his mail. We are now in contact with the developers and they have sent us all the necessary JAR files to install it.
If you want to test it, here are Bo indications :
------------------------------------
thank you for your interesting on our project.
at the moment, we are still testing the system, so we do not have distribution version of the project yet.

the attachemnts include:
mdbx.rar: the zip of all the .java and .class files of the project. if you are using eclipse, you can import the project, and run mdbxInterface.java.

myTest.zip: a sample .mdb file we used to test.

in order to run the program, you need to have few files in your class path:
1. junit
2. hsqldb
3. <openoffice.org>\program\class\*.jar
4. jacob
5. SQLParse.jar

I zipped some of them in jars.zip.
if you have any problems or any suggestions on the project, do not hesitate to contact me.
thanks.
Regards,
Bo.
The files he sent us as attachement are on line on the FR site here :
http://fr.openoffice.org/files/documents/67/2760/mdbx.zip

Kind regards
Sophie