Hi all,
 I had a query regarding 'table:number-rows-spanned' attribute of the
'table' element in OASIS document format. I am using it for creating
cells that span multiple rows and it does seem to work.

I was reading through an online document format resource:
http://books.evc-cit.info/odbook/ch04.html#merged-cell-section

and it seems to suggest that this attribute is not supported and a
'subtable' should be used instead. I generated a sample table in
OpenOffice (version: 1.9.109)  and it also seems to use 'subtable'
instead of 'table:number-rows-spanned' attribute.

Now which one of these is the preferred way to generate cells which span
multiple rows?

Thanks,
Majid