Hi Majid,

>  I had a query regarding 'table:number-rows-spanned' attribute of the
> 'table' element in OASIS document format. I am using it for creating
> cells that span multiple rows and it does seem to work.
>
> I was reading through an online document format resource:
> http://books.evc-cit.info/odbook/ch04.html#merged-cell-section
>
> and it seems to suggest that this attribute is not supported and a
> 'subtable' should be used instead.

This seems to be a pretty comprehensive book on the OASIS format, but I
wouldn't use it as *definite* source :)

> I just need to confirm that OOo does support (and will keep supporting)
> 'table:number-rows-spanned' attribute.

In general, if the OASIS standard defines this attribute, conforming
applications should be able to read it.

Though there currently is no application which fully implements the
standard (since it was intentionally defined as general as possible, not
caring for current implementation status), any change here will only be
towards *more* coverage of the standard, not *less*.

So, if OOo currently supports this attribute, I strongly doubt that this
will change in the future. *If* it would change, I would consider this a
bug.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -