Hi Andrew,

> You got me there.... I have not tried this on my Linux computer, only on
> a Windows XP Professional computer. I have noticed that on Windows, if a
> Write document is open, I can not attach it to email. It is probably the
> same problem. I can probably disable this behavior on Windows entirely.
> I wonder why Bsa documents are held open after closing on Windows, but
> not on Linux. It is probably related to the issue of a Calc datasource
> not refreshing without closing OOo and restarting. I am just guessing,
> however....

Windows has real file locking, while Linux hasn't (no OS wars, please).
On windows, if some process opens some file for writing, this is usually
(not only by OOo) done in a way that other processes cannot write to it
at the same time - which includes deleting it. Such file locks are
usually not used on unix (and, as I seem to remember, conceptually
broken in some way, as some low-level Unix hacker once told me).

OOo locks any document file (included .odb's) as long as the document is
loaded. So, in your scenario, it seems the DB is still opened in OOo in
some way - which can only be told if you describe your scenario in more
detail (a simple open/close/delete in the UI does work for me).

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -