Hi Andrew,

> Something simple like this causes a problem:
>
>     oDBContext = createUnoService( "com.sun.star.sdb.DatabaseContext" )
>     oDB = oDBContext.createInstance()
>     oDB.URL = "sdbc:embedded:hsqldb"
>     oDB.DatabaseDocument.storeAsURL(dbURL, Array())

Yes, exactly this caused an ownership problem: Nobody ever closed the
DatabaseDocument, this the underlaying file kept locked.

> I even tried adding:
>     oDB.DatabaseDocument.close(true)

As said, I think this is only part of 2.0.1 and not yet available in
2.0. Possibly oDB.DatabaseDocument.dispose might help in 2.0 - though
this is dangerous, since all other clients of this document (e.g. if
it's currently loaded in some frame) might be affected, too.

> and that did not help. Should I open a case for this with a simple macro
> that essentially performs the steps shown above?

You might. I suppose I will close it as "does happen in 2.0, but not in
680m137 anymore" :), but we might want to be on the safe side.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -