Hi all,

I want to help too.
After all, the purpose of SOC is to get us to know the OSS.

Joshua, two head is better than one.
We can work together to finish it :)

cheers
*Eni*

On 5/29/06, Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Joshua,

sorry for the delay in answering, was offline the last 4 days (Thursday
was a bank holiday in Germany).

>             Was a proposal accepted for the Google SoC to implement the
> HSQLDB: Single-File Backend?

No, sadly not.

> I am contacting the projects I applied to
> for the SoC to see if someone has planned to complete them. Because if
> not I would like to pick one or two and work in my free time to
> implement them. Because it will not bring in any additional income I
> will not be able to work as much as I had planned for on my proposal so
> the schedule will be off. The proposal can be found here
>  http://www.joshuakent.com/Projects/soc2006/OpenOffice%20DB%20Proposal.pdf
>
> Please tell me if you are interested in me working on this project this
> summer in my free time.

That certainly still sounds interesting. I talked with Fred (who's the
co-mentor for the HSQLDB part, means: for nearly the complete project
:), and he will answer your mail, since he's more suited for discussing
the details.

Thanks & Ciao

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -