Hi,

"SELECT MAX(columnid)" is only a workaround, which of course isn't
multi-user-safe at all. This workaround is used for databases where no
other way to retrieve generated values is known - unfortunately there's
no (wide-spread enough) standard to retrieve the server-side generated
values after an insertion.

I'm not sure at the moment, but I suspect PostgreSQL allows to retrieve
those values. Did you play with "Edit|Database|Advanced settings"? This
is for overriding the SELECT MAX behaviour.
Do these work with the SDBC driver?
No, you don't need to use these settings (as you already have guessed).

 >>> currval 4

SELECT * FROM "public"."Foo" WHERE ID = 4.

 >>> ERROR:  column "id" does not exist
hmm, don't understand why this query fails, it looks fine to me. Do you have an idea ?

Bye,

Joerg