Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi Walter,

When using the report wizard with a query as the basis, step 4, Sort options, is skipped. Is this because the wizard assumes that the query has a sort order and therefore the report doesn't need one? I tried it with an unsorted query and it still skipped the step.

Hmm. Sounds like a bug to me, or a not-finished feature :). In general,
for queries there's a chance that it's a native query, which cannot be
parsed by OOo Base, and this sort orders cannot be appended. However,
for non-native queries this shouldn't hinder the wizard from offering
sorting.

Mind to submit an issue?

I'll be happy to. I see there is now a 2.1 OOo... let me just install that and make sure that it didn't get magically fixed and then I will submit an issue. By this weekend at the latest.

Secondly, it appears that in 2.0.3 (and I am presuming previous versions) even if there was no grouping on the report, the wizard left space for the grouping level. In 2.0.4, this appears to be fixed and there is no extra space at the left (I greatly applaud this change, by the way). Sound about right?

This was intentional, since the original layout was simply ugly, wasn't
it? :)

Sure was. Glad it was fixed.
WalterAM