Hello Dan/Jim,

> On Thursday May  31 2007 11:58 pm, Jim Suttie wrote:
>> After searching all the OO documentation I can get my hands on I
>> cannot find any reference to my problem. I have programmed in
>> dBase2 and up, Basic, VB, and can do this with no problem.
>>
>>  In Base what I need to do is to read a db field, put the data into
>> a variable (using a user defined macro with basic I presume),
>> manipulate (concatenate info) the variable then place it back down
>> into a field. Is it possible?  I'm at wits end.
>> Thanks Anyone,
>> jim

not sure if this has been answered in [EMAIL PROTECTED] (which I don't read)
already ...

Not sure which background you already have with StarBasic and UNO ...
Something along those lines should do:

  oRowSet = createUnoService( "com.sun.star.sdb.RowSet" )
  oRowset.DataSource = "Bibliography"
    ' note that this might also be a file:// URL to the .odb file
  oRowSet.Command = "biblio"
  oRowSet.CommandType = com.sun.star.sdb.CommandType.TABLE

On Error Goto cleanup
  oRowSet.execute()

  oRowSet.next
    ' now on the first record

  nColumnPos = oRowSet.findColumn( "Identifier" )
  sSomeValue = oRowSet.getString( nColumnPos )

  oRowSet.updateString( nColumnPos, "SomeNewIdent" )

  oRowSet.updateRow

cleanup:
  oRowSet.dispose()

For more details, more detailed questions are needed :) (in
[EMAIL PROTECTED], preferrably)

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -