Sorry if the question has been asked a million times,

I was curious to know where the Default data is stored for base on the file system? I tried searching for the data after creating a new database but could not locate the actual data other than the .odb file.

My next question is that if that is indeed the "Data" how come it is in binary vs the normal HSQLDB text?

Here is the problem I am trying to solve:

I frequently use HSQLDB as a standalone DB in my Java Apps, ideally it would be great to create the initial database visually using base. Base would also be a great tool for quick front end access, making it easy for end users to manipulate the data.

Any guidance with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

David.