Hello people!

As I was doing some testings this weekend, I'm afraid to said that I was
disappointed :-( .
You can read the "missing" of the message subject as "lacking of" and as
"longing to":

I wanted to register a context menu interceptor on the application
controller, so that when the user selected a table or a query, I added
some entries on the context menu.

Unfortunately, the implementation of the XController for this module
(com.sun.star.sdb.ApplicationController ::
source/dbaccess/source/ui/app/AppController) does not implement the
com.sun.star.ui.XContextMenuInterception interface. This missing feature
is one of the things that puts the OfficeDatabaseDocument behind the
other OfficeDocument's.

Here I think it will be really nice (for people developing extensions
for OOo Base using the API) to have an implementation that in the
css.ui.ContextMenuExecuteEvent::Selection provide us information about
the current selection, that is, the current selected database element
(Table/Query/Form/Report) and the name/s of its currently selected items.

As a condition for this implementation, the controller should support
the interface ::com::sun::star::view::XSelectionSupplier (the
introspection tools, ObjectInspector and XRay, tell us the XModel of the
OfficeDatabaseDocument has the method getCurrentSelection() BUT always
returns null, because the actual implementation does not implement
XSelectionSupplier ).

With an XSelectionSupplier and an XContextMenuInterception, we could do
some things with the API that are currently supported in the other
modules but not here: for example disabling commands on a custom tool
bar according to the current selection (because a toolbar can have
functionality only for forms, or for tables, or queries ...), we could
add a context menu entry to export the selected table/query to other
formats (OOoCalc, CSV, XML, dbase ...), and so on...

I know it's too much to ask... but maybe some day Base gives us as much
as the other modules...

Thanks and bye.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile