Am Mittwoch, den 19.09.2007, 09:56 +0200 schrieb Frank Schönheit - Sun
Microsystems Germany:
> > Since it is my personal pet for storing hirarchical measurement data
> > could imagine HDF5 as a portential candidate.
>
> Interesting. I'm not sure what our OASIS guys would say if I suggest
> using a file format which, though open, is under the control of a single
> company, but I will read a little.

I had another deep look and you're right - the makers of HDF formed a
startup company for continuing the project.

This must have happened in the first half of this year, formerly it was
located at the NCSA and the University of Illinois. The new website is
up only some weeks IIRC.

Interesting, hopefully this will speed up the step to 1.8 having full
unicode support ...

Marc