Hi Frank,

Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany escribió:
Hi Ariel,

I wanted to mean: once I embed my Jar (and the parcel-descriptor.xml), will we be able to see it when trying to bind it to a control's event in the GUI?

I answer myself: as you are using the same components as the other apps., we should - in theory - be able to perform event binding via GUI.

I'd say so, yes. I never manually embedded java and a
parcel-descriptor.xml into documents, and I do not know how this works,

I don't know *how it works* "internally" (== I didn't read the sources), but I know *that it works*.

so I cannot guarantee it. When time comes, I will be grateful for any
samples you can provide me, for testing this.

OK. :-)

First, I am not sure whether the various script provider implementations
do some weird and dirty hacks to execute macros. I *know* for sure that
the Basic provider does,
uou that's surprising! I remember your comments about "strange", "infamous", "stupidly-used" code - now add to the list "weird and dirty".

Hmm, don't cite me on this, sometimes I'm too harsh with words :)

alright! (I won't spread your words ;-) )

Let's say the scripting framework was developed under time pressure, and
in some parts, future-proofness has been sacrificed to getting results :-\

In this situation, it isn't hard to understand why you are working in it since April, sure not all the time... but ... it seems like someone, one day, will have to start doing some sweeping and cleaning in the sources. Resources are always few, but won't cleaner-up-to-date-pure-UNO code make your - core developers' - life easier? :-)

Well, that's what I'm doing. I could probably have done faster by taking
some shortcuts, but I preferred doing it (hopefully) correct but slow :)

I thought the "macros in ODB" feature was for 2.4, am I wrong? or is it for 3.0 ? ( I didn't understand the "3.0 deadline" thing :-( )

Well, being realistic ...
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoRelease24 says the feature
freeze for 2.4 is mid of November. There's no way the feature is
finished 'til then, sorry.
(Yes, I was more optimistic previously, but somehow I completely missed
the early "closing date" for 2.4 back then. Sorry.)

:-( ... well ... I can live without it (although binding macros/scripts/Java-methods to the DatabaseDocument's events would help a lot - a simple-many-times-asked example: these days I've received questions concerning a MSAccess-switchboard-like form loadable on start-up: nowadays impossible to do it from within the odb, just with the global event broadcaster)

Bye and thanks,
Ariel.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.arielconstenlahaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.