Andrew Jensen escribió:
Try this again - sent from the wrong email account last time...

- Trying to connect to the sample DBs in the DSB (or after opening
  them from within the DSB) gives some "Invalid argument in JDBC call"
  error. Huh? Might be related to the naming issue from the first item,
  because connecting is possible when the DB is opened from your sample
  menu.

I tried to reproduce it here on Linux SuSe but couldn't
I renamed a registered one (the only that has a table) and both DBs
worked on the DSB... but NOT in the menu any more: as you said, the
config. gets deleted! [I was prudent and used conditional blocks so no
crash takes place]

  Care to submit another issue "Cannot connect to database shipped
  with extension"?

Can you detail what you've done so I try to reproduce it here?
And may someone in the list can also give a try

Same problem here - grabbed your code, ran through NetBeans5.5.1 just  fine.

Opened the DSB - I can see the databases, they 'open' to show me query and
table lists - but try to actually open the table list ( connect in other
words ) and get 'Connection error - SOO10 Invalid argument in JDBC call'

However - if I open the same database from the extension supplied menu it
connects without a problem?

I haven't tried it under Kubuntu 7.1 yet but I will this afternoon.

Hi Drew, thanks for the testing!

As you can see, the whole thing is very buggy; and the whole things also fits in your (so often :-( ) asked "Where is Base?" question.

By the way: what do think about this possibility of registering an ODB in the DataAccess.xcu? Are there scenarios where this can be a real need for an extension developer? (I ask you because you always have a deeper insight ;-) )

Anyway, useless or not: this SHOULD work!

Bye and thanks
Ariel.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.arielconstenlahaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.