Hello Maximilian,

> - the wiki page mentiones editview/editengine, but from a first
> look/comment, textengine/textview (or exteditengine/editview) is enough
> and faster for our purpose
> (http://lxr.go-oo.org/source/util/svtools/source/edit/texteng.cxx#2846)
> (Although all these can be replaced by each other very easily anyway)

Sounds true - care to add this to the Wiki page?

> - it might make sense to not duplicate pretty much everything from the
> basic ide including Editengine/Editview/Window and so on, but create a
> MultiLineEdit control + syntax highlighting (multilineedit already
> exists) as a new control, and use this for the basic IDE as well as SQL
> syntax highlighting inside Base.

Which is an excellent idea - preventing code duplication is always Good
(TM). Again, let me encourage you to add this to the Wiki page!

Thanks & Ciao

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -