Hi Mechtilde,

> I'm trying to use queries which I created since 1.9.xxx.
>
> In Version 3.0.0 RC2 I see the problem that I can't open these queries
> in the design view not in the SQL view. But this isn't possible.
>
> I get this error message (in German): "Verknüpfung konnte nicht
> ausgeführt werden." (Tranlated like: "Relation can't be executed")
>
> Further analysis shows that the queries contain LEFT OUTER JOIN.
>
> With 2.4.1 I can open the design view.
>
> Then I create the query again and can see in the SQL View that there is
> no LEFT OUTER JOIN.

Do you mean you re-create the query in 2.4.1 in the graphical view, and
when switching to the SQL view, there is no LEFT OUTER JOIN? In this
case, you probably just did not declare the join as Left Join - double
click the join line in the graphical query design, and in the dialog
which opens then, choose "Left" as join type.

> What is happened here?

Hmm, don't know. Trying to create a DB with a query with a LEFT OUTER
JOIN in 2.4.1, and opening it in OOO300.m7 works like a charm for me.

Also, I cannot find the "Verknüpfung konnte nicht ..." text in the
relevant source modules, so I'm not sure where it comes from.

Any chance for a bug doc?

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -