Hi @All,

I have done a complete rewrite of our Ingres driver with the OOo SDK and Java.
It seems to work pretty well despite two issues. I found a workaround for the
first issue, but I could not solve the second issue yet. It´s about creating
tables using the table creation wizard. I will describe the issue below. Maybe
someone here has an idea what´s causes the problem. It would also be useful to
know where the sources of the table creation wizard can be found in the
dbaccess module, as I was not able to figure out where they are. I can log the
method calls of the driver to a file, so I got at least some information what´s
going on under the hood of the driver.

When the first page of the wizard is opened a new TableDescriptor object is
created. When the next button on the first page of the wizard is clicked for
every column, that was selected beforehand, a ColumnDescriptor object is
created and the second page of the wizard appears. The the properties of the
ColumnDescriptor objects are set. For some reason I don´t know these
ColumnDescriptor objects seem not to be used with the appendByDescriptor method
of the table object later on, but new ColumnDescriptor object are created for
this when the next button on the second page is clicked. These new
ColumnDescriptor object also get their properties set, with exception of the
Name property. This causes the wizard not to finish. If I do changes to the
column names on the second page the Name property is set correctly and the
wizard does finish fine. Another thing that´s strange is that the
ColumnDescriptor objects created at first seem to get their Type property set
wrong values. For example columns that should be char columns are set to
varchar. I am not sure if this is important since I also don´t know what these
ColumnDescriptor objects are actually used for and as said before the whole
thing works if I just do some changes to the column names on the second page of
the wizard.

Best regards,
Micha