Von: Ocke Janssen [mailto:ocke.jans...@sun.com]
Gesendet: Do 28.05.2009 01:40
An: dev@dba.openoffice.org
Betreff: Re: [dba-dev] [dev-dba] database driver problem with the table
creation wizard

Hi Mischa,

On 28.05.09 00:58, Michael Strobel wrote:
> Hi @All,
>
> I have done a complete rewrite of our Ingres driver with the OOo SDK and
> Java. It seems to work pretty well despite two issues. I found a workaround
> for the first issue, but I could not solve the second issue yet. It´s about
> creating tables using the table creation wizard. I will describe the issue
> below. Maybe someone here has an idea what´s causes the problem. It would
> also be useful to know where the sources of the table creation wizard can be
> found in the dbaccess module, as I was not able to figure out where they are.
> I can log the method calls of the driver to a file, so I got at least some
> information what´s going on under the hood of the driver.
>
> When the first page of the wizard is opened a new TableDescriptor object is
> created. When the next button on the first page of the wizard is clicked for
> every column, that was selected beforehand, a ColumnDescriptor object is
> created and the second page of the wizard appears. The the properties of the
> ColumnDescriptor objects are set. For some reason I don´t know these
> ColumnDescriptor objects seem not to be used with the appendByDescriptor
> method of the table object later on, but new ColumnDescriptor object are
> created for this when the next button on the second page is clicked. These
> new ColumnDescriptor object also get their properties set, with exception of
> the Name property. This causes the wizard not to finish. If I do changes to
> the column names on the second page the Name property is set correctly and
> the wizard does finish fine. Another thing that´s strange is that the
> ColumnDescriptor objects created at first seem to get their Type property set
> wrong values. For example columns that should be char columns are set to
> varchar. I am not sure if this is important since I also don´t know what
> these ColumnDescriptor objects are actually used for and as said before the
> whole thing works if I just do some changes to the column names on the second
> page of the wizard.

First of all wow. Good tracing. :-) Looks like you found a bug may be
you want to write an issue and send it to me and I'll take a look at it.
And/or you have to take look at the wizard itself. It is located in the
wizards module. When you are familiar with Java you should have no
problem at  least may be a little bit with the code style. :-) I'm not
that familiar with the code as well. By the way does this also happen
with the embedded hsqldb? And which version of OOo do you use?

Best regards,

Ocke

--
Ocke Janssen                      Tel: +49 40 23646 661, x66661
Dipl. Inf(FH)                     Fax: +49 40 23646 550

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schr?der, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel