Hi Alex,

First of all if I could I would like to fix it.

On 09.12.2010 09:34, Alex Thurgood wrote:
Hi Ocke,

----- "Ocke Janssen"<ocke.jans...@oracle.com>  a écrit :

I just have to set the issue to wontfix. :-(
The problem seems to be the database. Even with odbctest I get the
same
results =>  error and I tested a StarOffice 9.2 which is equal to OOo
3.2, same error as in OOo 3.2.1 and 3.3.

As I mentioned, CAST works for me with OOo 3.2.1. It also works for me in
LibreOffice (just so you know 3.3 rc1, not sure which OOo_m that is based on).
One more interesting thing
when executing
select CAST('2001-01-01' as DATE)
works, but when executing
select CAST('2001-01-01' as DATE) from ´testdb´.´i115436´
an error is thrown.

Could you please add some sample data to the issue?

- oj

Did anyone did an upgrade to a newer MySQL version before the
statement
stop working?

My actual version of mysql server is :
Server version: 5.1.50 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

My actual version of the mysql connector extension is : 1.0.0

I'm going to test my actual setup with the latest OOoRC, if I can get it to
install nicely beside my current OOo 3.2.1 on MacOSX.

Alex