Hello Frank,

Frank Schönheit schrieb:

>> That's a good hint. I experimented with Connection.close(), but it
>> didn't solve the problem.
>
> Hmm, I would have expected this to implicitly flush the changes.

You're perfectly right. I just re-checked the code and I must have been
making some mistake earlier this day. A single Connection.Close()
flushes the changes and removes the lock.

>> But freeing the DataSource with DataSource.Dispose() seems to work.
>
> Not a good idea, see below.

That's true as well. DataSource.Dispose() doesn't seem to do any harm
when I test the code with an old OOO 2.4 (as I did earlier) but crashes
OOO 3.2.1 reproduceably.

I'll review my code after Christmas and watch for the windows-problem,
but I suspect some mistake with un-closed connections resulting in
problems with locking (like a lock is held by an unclosed connection
...). Definitely my mistake and not an OOO-issue.

Thank You very much for Your profound explanation. I'm rather new to
OOO-coding, so your help is very welcome

Bye,
Daniel.