Hi Daniel,

> I'll review my code after Christmas and watch for the windows-problem,
> but I suspect some mistake with un-closed connections resulting in
> problems with locking (like a lock is held by an unclosed connection
> ...). Definitely my mistake and not an OOO-issue.

Well ... nearly everything which crashes is an OOo issue. In some cases,
we tend to say that fixing the particular crash resulting of an API
misuse is so difficult (for whatever reasons) that simply using the API
the right way is the easier "fix" :), but a crash is always worth a
look, at least.
So, if you have a reproducible crash - don't hesitate to submit an issue
for it. Fixing crashes can just make OOo better (and be it by a
developer thinking about why the crash could happen at all, what's
broken in the design, and how to prevent that kind of bugs in the future
:) ).

> Thank You very much for Your profound explanation. I'm rather new to
> OOO-coding, so your help is very welcome

You're certainly welcome.

ORACLE
Frank Schönheit | Software Engineer | frank.schoenh...@oracle.com
Oracle Office Productivity: http://www.oracle.com/office