Hi Rohit,

On 10.03.2011 16:58, Rohit Kulkarni wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate the help.

I could find the skeleton files at the location you have
mentioned. Currently we are planning to develop the SDBC driver which
will not be an extension. So, we will have to build the skeleton driver
first, get it in the list of available drivers and then make it work for
LDAP.

Could you please elaborate the point where you mentioned to search
for macab key on the website?
How does the open office dmake understand that it has to build this new
driver?
I guess you place your driver in connectivity. So in that module you find a file named prj/build.lst that is read when call the "build" command. But for the start you could simply go in your folder and call dmake. Each driver has a xcu file which must be "deliver"ed. Which files are needed to copy/deliver is defined in prj/d.lst
So when you have built your driver with dmake you must call deliver.
After that go to the module scp2 and call "build" and deliver again.
Then you have to build the module instsetoo_native and voila your OOo ist to install.
Below follows a simple list of todo's:
1. Create the driver files (Driver,Connection,Statement,ResultSet,...)
2. Create the xcu and xml file, take a look at the other drivers for inspiration ;-)
3. dmake
4. Adjust d.lst to fit your new driver
5. deliver
6. Search for the word macab or jdbc in the module scp2 and create the same for your new driver
7. build
8. deliver
9. go to instsetoo_native and build
10. Install your new OOo and enjoy your new driver.
11. Debug issues ;-)

- oj

Thanks,
Rohit