i know what you mean gerhard :)
but IMO using manual injection or getting the bean via BeanManager etc. is
just a "stupid" workaround in each validator.

It would be just user friendly to provide a small module which provides BV
injection. Also the effort to create this module is very very low.
Sure it's not based on the newest technology versions but there is also a
JSF 1.2 module in CODI.