From: John D. Ament [mailto:johndam...@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 5:22 PM
To: dev@deltaspike.apache.org; Marvin Toll <marvint...@gtcgroup.com>
Subject: Re: Issues with EntityRepository.save()

So the discussions on this died down, but I think we should still plan to do
something regarding the issue.

I'd like to propose that we do #1 and the back half of #4.

We may want to add some additional comments.  For example, recommend that the
@Id column is always nullable, which should clarify some of the behavior.  We
may even want to try to add a log message around it.

I'm going to try to add nullable IDs to the project I'm working on right now to
see if it works the way I expect.  If so would be the right way to go IMHO for
users in general.

Another issue I noticed with EntityRepository is that I can extend it with
EntityRepository<Pojo,String> where String is not the @Id column.  There are
absolutely no warning about this, and you wouldn't notice the issue until you
try calling findBy(PK).  May want to add a note about this as well, even if its
only in dev mode.

John