hi @ all,

imo the benefit is too limited.
cdi 1.1 added some nice parts, but mainly for users.
we would just drop the bv-module as well as some parts of the servlet
module.
the jsf-module already contains optional ee7 support (-> we would just get
rid of one small workaround).
for the rest the benefit is minimal as well (or there won't be a change at
all).
ee7 is great for users and therefore we support it already, however,
internally the benefit is too limited and ee6 servers will be around the
next few years.

-> imo v2 should be based on cdi 2.0 (-> ee8).

regards,
gerhard