> EnvironmentPropertyConfigSourceProvider is effectively an internal class.
> And thus I'd not move it to the API. Just look how much we would need to
> add to the api package.
>
> I understand that you don't like to duplicate code.
>
> Usually things like ConfigSources are totally orthogonal to your
> production code. So you need those only as runtime dependency.

I get the idea but this is likely not what you wanted to say. Typically
sources are production code (but not business code).

> In that case just make a tool module which has ds-core-impl as compile
> time dependency and then you can simply re-use and even extend the internal
> class.
> But that class is clearly NOT an API class imo.

Question is: how stable do we consider -impl is? If the solution to that
issue is 1. make the class (whichever it is) public 2. say to the user to
import -impl in his pom, then we need to show that the API is stable and
not just an internal we can break when we want. @Stable would be an option
but moving it to -api is another one. Don't care of the solution while we
prevent the user to duplicate our -impl code.