imo there's not a lot we should drop, because users might need those parts
e.g. for applications based on the micro-profile.
maybe it's just a matter of documenting an useful combination of ee8 + ds
and/or to highlight which parts of ds are covered by ee8.

@ds2:
maybe we should mainly take the chance to improve the consistency (= few
but breaking api-changes).
(+ only use cdi2,... as a new baseline once it's really useful.)

regards,
gerhard