Hello Marc, all;

Marc Boorshtein schrieb:
> if all you care about is users the task should be fairly straight
> forward with a flat DIT with all the users under a single ou or dc or
> something like that.

Yeah, I assume that would do. By now it looks like pam_ldap will have to
do the job of connecting the Unix-based servers to the LDAP directory to
fetch user accounts, Maybe it will be extended later to also provide
group information but right now that's not that much important.

> Is the password already in the directory?

Yes, I'm currently playing around with certain encryption mechanisms the
DMS provides for the password stored there. Basically, it's really just
about making a single table (two if talking about groups, too) in a
relational database accessible via LDAP...

Cheers & thanks,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink   -- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden