Thanks Chris,

These are links I came across when evaluating the move to Nexus.

Let me add another one (pretty similar to the Felix release management process):
http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/apache-release.html

This link is the recommended path for releasing Maven based projects at Apache.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud