On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/4/10 12:01 AM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>>
>> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>>

>>> On 6/3/10 10:51 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>>
>> 3. The JDBM partition is a concrete implementation of the XDBM
>> partition. It contains a Store implementation because this is forced by
>> XDBM.
>>

> Here, I disagree. JDBM  is a store, not a partition. XDBM = XXX-Data Base
> Manager, nothing connected to the idea of Partition.
> We could probably say that XDBM and Store is the same concept.
the problem is here that, a Partition though backed by a store(a.k.a a
DB) is still
aware of LDAP related details like OperationContext. Store *is* the
real DB manager.
Moreover a Store's implementation is specific to a partition.

P.S: I think in future we can really separate the Store from Partition
completely
       but requires a lot more effort in generalizing the
initialization across partition
       implementations

Kiran Ayyagari