On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/13/10 5:55 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Stefan
>> Seelmann<seelm...@apache.org>wrote:
>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>> +1
>>
>> I thought about making the partitionPath a URL but just saw your email.
>> Consistency is good but why is using a URL so complex?
>
> I have the same question. Using an URL for files is as simple as
> file:://blah...
>
> Any hidden complexity ?

No, except that I never know if I have to add two or three slashes to
file:/// ;-)

Ok, then lets try to use an URL. But we can't use the java.net.URL
class because it isn't possible to create an URL object from
"jdbc:...". So I suggest to use either java.net.URI (my preference) or
a simple String. The partition implementation is then responsible for
converting it into a File or JDBC DataSource or whatever.

Kind Regards,
Stefan