On 22 mars 2011, at 11:00, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,

Hi Emmanuel,

> the ComplexDnParser, DnParser, FastDnParser, RdnParser  are classes currently
> present in model. I'm wondering if we should not move those classes out of
> model, or at least make them invisible ?

+1.
This reveals some of the internals of the API.
You're absolutely right.

> The parsers exist only because we had to implement the JNDI interface, and
> I'm not sure it makes sense anymore to expose them.
>
> For instance, the DnPlaser class (well, it's not even a class, it's an enum,
> which sound very strange to me) is only used in teh DN class : could we make
> it a private class in Dn ?

+1.
We could also have them move to another package. A package that would not be
exported in OSGI.

> NameComponentNormalizer is an interface I moved to schema/normalizer too.

Does this interface and its implementation class SimpleNameComponentNormalizer
are meant to be public?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud