BTW i forgot to mention about 3th party developers issue.

3th parties using OSGI can extend our schema elements with any way they
want. IPojo,Blueprint, OSGI Services. IPojo is currently supported out of
the box for Comparators(implementing for the other two is piece of cake from
now on.) For the 3th parties not using OSGI, they can provide their classes
with the Fragment bundles. Actually it is OSGI feature too. To be able get
the class names of 3th parties that are not using Services we can introduce
some extender bundle for watching bundles that are installed into framework
those having some unique signature. Like
<ApacheDS-Comparator>org.foo.BarComparator<ApacheDS-Comparator>. So when
that extender sees that fragment being installed into framework, it can
notify the shared to load that new class name to its internal list.

Regards,
Gokturk