I have further investigated that adding the my self defined attribute types / object class to the embedded Apache DS fails. The invocation of

this.directoryService.getSchemaManager().add(revocationAttribute);

returns false which indicates that the attribute has not been added. But I have no idea what's the problem. Even when I do not add the attribute types and comment out all Code in my Interceptor (where I create a SearchEntry using my attribute oids) I still get this exception. However the only OID I use in another method is the one for the common name which should be no problem.

Maybe I would get more information by the logger. But I use log4j2 and adding the SLF4J-API causes log events to be endlessly rotated between log4j2 and SLF4J (probably this is due to using the apacheds-all which includes the SLFJ4 classes)

Does anyone has an idea what could be the problem?

With regards Sebastian