From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecha...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 6:44 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: [Kerberos] Finding a new name for the new project

Cerberus won't work : https://www.cerberusapp.com/

> Emmanuel, could we update the list and use some mechanism to choose one from
> it?

The mechanism is not simple. It's listed on
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html#search

Technically, once we have a list of names that convey the right message (and
Pierre as quite accurrately explained why we should not chose fancy names), we
have to check on various sources if the name is not already used.

So far, one of

Keyron, Keyronne, Kairon, Kaironne, Kayrona could work. We need to check..

FTR, I have created a JIRA for that :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-66

The discussion about the name should be conducted on this JIRA from now on.