Le 20/05/15 14:37, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
>> On May 20, 2015, at 2:43 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> interesting result : in the past four days, we went from 2543 Sonar
>> issues down to 1677. No more blockers, only 1 critical instead of 61,
>> and many less minor issues :
>>
>> https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index/211987?did=4&period=2
>>
>> This tool is very intersting in many ways. It also let you know which
>> are the undocumented API in a convenient way :
>>
>> https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index?id=org.apache.directory.fortress:fortress-core&did=2&period=2
>>
>> (last table on the right column)
>>
>> Nice !
> Agreed, very handy tool indeed.  Has enabled us to find many potential
> problems and fix rapidly.
>
> My question is how far do we go?  For example the code complexity and cycle
> metrics.  The former complains about simple utility methods that have many
> getters and setters.  The latter requires moving classes around thus breaking
> compatibility with existing clients.  I get the need to reduce complexity,
> yet don’t want to spend time needlessly.

I would say : fix whatever seems simple to fix. Low hanging fruits
first, after of course critical and blocking issues.

I have asked some creds to log on the tool to be able to tune some of
the rules.

We can discuss specific rules that seems a bit too strict, if needed.

The value I see in such a tool is mainly about reviewing the code, which
allows us to find some real and hidden issues, like the one on roles...