On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 5:36 PM, Radovan Semancik <
radovan.seman...@evolveum.com> wrote:

>  On 05/27/2015 11:19 AM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>

>> The strange thing is that I have run all the API tests before committing.
>> I'm sure about this. And the tests haven't failed. I had run "mvn clean
>> install" with the trunk of "shared" before the fix. And again no failure.
>
>  my guess is that this case is not covered by the existing tests,
> probably due to identical input
>  for newDn and entryDn
>

> Well, it looks like it is covered by some tests as they have failed in
> Jenkins:
> https://builds.apache.org/job/dir-apacheds-ubuntu-deploy/1718/org.apache.directory.server$ldap-client-test/
>
> So, my question is how can I run these tests on my machine before a commit?
>
> I'm still new here so I'm trying to learn the development process that you
> are usually following. What tests are you usually running before commit? Do
> you run something else than "mvn clean install"? Or do you just run "mvn
> clean install", commit and then check Jenkins after the commit?

just mvn clean install

otoh, I see why it wasn't failed when you ran the tests, the API
integration tests are in ldap-client-test module
you should run mvn clean install there as well after modifying client.

A general rule we all follow is to build the whole server after any change,
that way the whole integration
test suite gets executed

--
Kiran Ayyagari