Le 02/07/16 à 00:38, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> This sounds nice.
>
> In my view, we should probably start with the most popular platform like
> Linux and fallback to the current Java offering on other platforms that we
> don't support yet due to all kinds of constraints like resources and the
> library limit. Incrementally we can add to support more and more.

We just need the builds for the three different platforms we want to
support :
- linux, obviously
- Mac OSX
- Windows

We can embed the lib in our installers. All in all, we are talking about
2 files: the lib itself and the License file.

> By supporting a partition using LMDB, what did you mean? A partition using
> LMDB coexists with a partition using other means meanwhile? Thanks for the
> clarifying.

A Partition is a specific implementation of the LDAP backend based on a
specific DB engine. We have currently a support for JDBM, Mavibot, LDIF
and Oracle partitions.

However, we might change a few more things if we implement a LMDB
partition :
- we would make it the reference implementation
- we would change the LDAP server code to remove all the useless locks,
to have transaction being supported in the AbstractBTreePartition layer

I don't think that is a lot of work, and I do think it worth testing
that in a branch. I'll probably do that this summer.