Hi,

On 07/01/2018 09:40 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
Otherwise, the APache LDAP API 2.0 is on its way, I have fixed a long
lasting ticket about reshuffling the error/messages numbering - quite a
pain in the back...- and I still have a pending issue in ApacheDS with
this revision : one failing test, related to using teh
DelegatingAuthenticator, when using startTLS. It's complicated, because
it involves a client (the LDAP API), a server, which talks to another
server using the LDAP API, and MINA. Of course to muddy the thing, there
are connection timeout issues - a bug I fixed and I still have to commit -.

I'm planning to change the way how schema errors are handled in API 2.0 devel cycle. The problem is that there are popular LDAP servers with really bad schema (e.g. AD). And in that case the LDAP API floods the logfiles with warnings. I would like to make this behavior configurable, provide "listener" for errors or do something like that. But implementing that properly is likely to introduce non-compatible changes to SchemaManager and surrounding classes. I think I have proposed this change some time ago and we have decided to wait for 2.0. So now I would like to implement it. Emmanuel, please let me know whether it is right time to do it now. I would not like to clash with your changes.

Last, not least, it's probably time to try to have all thos projects
working fine with the latest Java version (and specificlly with Java 11
which will be the LTS version). We have more and more people
complainging about issues with those versions, but I o think it's not an
enormous tasks we have in front of us.

I would test API with Java 11, once Java 11 is released. But as for Java 9 and 10 we are ignoring them completely. Therefore I won't be able to help with those.

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect