FTR, here is the list of projects and supported Java versions:

Directory Project
        none

LDAP API:
        Linux
                Java 8, 11, 17
        Windows
                java 8

Mavibot
        Linux
                Java 8, 11, 17
        Windows
                Java 8

Server
        Linux
                Java 8, 11, 17
        Windows
                Java 11

Studio
        Linux
                Java 11, 17
        Windows
                Java 11

Directory BuildTools
        none

Directory-kerby
        none

Directory-jdbm
        Not under git !!

Fortress
        no jenkins file

Directory-Scimple
        No jenkins ffile

So we have some kind of work here:
- add the windows Java 11 and 17 builds in JenkinFile
- add JenksFile for Kerby, Fortress and Scimple
- add jdbm project in git repository

I'm not sure about the version change though. IMO, the users should be able to use the projects with 11 and 17, no matter the version they use. The onbly pb is for the rare who are still using Java 8.

Now, Java 21 is one year away, and it comes with some very interesting features (namely virtual threads) that may give some interesting boost in performance. That may be for a new version of the server and API.