>> To convert stuff from the wikis to "more manageable(?)" HTML or even
>> PDF, for the needed functions, "to somehow concatenate separate wiki
>> pages into a single wiki page page, fixing absolute URL artifacts",
>> and "change absolute URLs to relative URIs, then doing lots of manual
>> link checking to make sure all your links have been properly
>> preserved/restored", here are some possible helps:
>>
> The reason I haven't talked too much about this, is that converting the
> stuff from the Wiki will be NO problem at all.  I will be able to create
> a Perl script that will take the information from the Wiki, and convert
> it to whatever format is needed.
> The main thing is getting the stuff in the Wiki, with the correct
> content, etc.
> I will start looking at creating a script to do this now, and post
> something over the weekend, to show what can be done.

Awesome! Scott, can we discuss details next week?

I'd like to determine what meta data we need in the wiki to make
the conversion a seamless experience. For example, I suggest
that we come up with a set of styles to use, things like
table layout, etc. Many things can be achieved in mediawiki
through templates. Is started to draft a page here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Wiki_Editing_Policy

I am currently putting the Administration Guide to wiki form
and will move it to the wiki pretty soon, this will be a good
test case for processes and tools.

Frank