To: <dev@documentation.openoffice.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:25 AM
Subject: [documentation-dev] Project status and OOoCon

Hi,

sorry for being do quiet lately. I had to catch up with some things
after my vacation. We have been busy working on the presentation
for OOoCon in Barcelona.

You can find the final drafts (or draft finals) here:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/preso-ooocon2007-docproject.odp
http://documentation.openoffice.org/preso-ooocon2007-docproject.pdf

Feel free to have a look. If you have feedback be sure to let me
know before tomorrow evening since we need to hand the presentations
in by then.

Going through the presentation you see some of the ideas for the
future of this project. Many of those are directly based on feedback
from all of you and it would be great if we can work on these
ideas together.

The wiki will definitely be a major theme going forward and we
emphasized that by starting to consolidate information and give
our section of the wiki a usable structure:
wiki.services.sun.com/wiki/Documentation

Here at Sun we had made some progress in getting all of the
Sun documentation content open sourced. I already ported the
Administration Guide to the wiki:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Administration_Guide
and very very soon, a giant piece will follow with the
Developers Guide (more than 900 wiki pages) thanks to the
tireless efforts of Clayton Cornell.

Once on the wiki, we can all work on those pieces making them even better ;-)

(Note that for all features to work the OOowiki engine needsa
to be updated. We're working with the maintainers to get that
done quickly)

I'm hoping to be able to touch base with many (at least
some) of you in Barcelona next week. If you plan to attend,
let me know and be sure to visit the doc.oo.o presentation
on Friday.

Frank

--
Frank Peters